Both Center Line and Warren public libraries were started when local citizens got together collected books and found a place to place them.
In Center Line a group of men formed the Men's Club of Center Line. This was in 1928 before there were any Rotary or Lions clubs etc. They accumulated about 500 volumes. The library was housed in the basement of the Center LineCommunity Church which later became the Presbyterian Church. It was housed later to several stores then to the above pictured Center Line recreation building. Finally it moved to its present building.
Warren’s first library
Joiner House was built in 1895 by Robert and Eliza Joiner. In
1935 this is where
In 1936 the village council accepted the library as an official village institution. By 1940 it had moved to larger quarters twice and grown to a collection of 5,000 books. The Warren library also was housed at several locations each one improved over past ones.
Above was in 1951
L to R Wes Lepanin, ?, Leslie Foss, ?,